1.01.2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful first day of 2009! I am hopeful that my longer-than-expected break from stamping has come to an end!

For Christmas, I had time to be creative for two--that's right, two--gifts :-) I made the ever popular box-in-a-bag to wrap my sisters' gifts.



You can find the tutorial for this project here. I had so much fun making these gifts that I forgot to take pictures of them before I left for Christmas at my parent's house. I had to stop my sisters from opening their presents so I could take a picture for you all! Sometimes I have a hard time remembering to take pictures of the projects and cards that I make!

I used the Old Olive Designer Prints paper for the main part of the box. I used Riding Hood Red paper at the bottom and just used my white gel pen to make faux stitching around the scallops. The snowflake stamp at the top was embossed with a mixture of 3/4 Whisper White Embossing Powder and 1/4 Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. It made the snowflake white yet sparkly. It turned out quite well :-)

I hope you all haven't forgotten about me and my blog in my prolonged absence, but I'm back now! Happy New Year and Happy Stamping!

Colors: Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Stamp Set: Best Wishes & More



No comments: