9.26.2008

Flower Shadow

I still LOVE my new Upsy Daisy set. Remember you only have until Tuesday to order this BRAND NEW STAMP SET for 15% off!



This is a very simple card, and it really showcases the beautiful "shadow" technique that can be used on these great silhouette stamps. I purposefully left the card without a greeting to make it useful for any occasion. It's really nice to have cards like this so you're ready for anything!

The shadow technique is very simple. You really only need a dark color, a light color, and a Stamp-a-Ma-Jig (one of my most favorite tools!). Stamp the image in the light color first, then using the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, slightly offset the image and stamp again with the darker color. This works with all different color combinations and with almost any solid stamp! Try it yourself!

By the way, I am at the Stampin' Up! Regional Convention in Kansas City today. Hopefully I'll have some very cute things to share when I return!

Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy
Colors: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Whisper White




No comments: