7.25.2009

Croppin' Time

Last week I got to spend some time with my mom working on our scrapbooks! We had such a fun time, and although I only slept 2 hours one night, I still only completed 8 double page layouts...maybe I need to learn to work a little faster? :-)

Here are a few pages I completed. Unfortunately, when I scrapbook I almost always just do it for myself, so I try to use up all my retired and non-Stampin' Up! products. I don't usually post creations made with retired and non-Stampin' Up! products here on my blog, hence the reason you haven't seen many of my scrapbook pages!

This first page was completed using only a Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' Kit (the kit is retired, but all of our kits contain similar self-adhesive die cuts, patterned paper, and textured 12 x 12 coordinating card stock). I LOVE using kits because they are so quick and easy to complete. Everything you need is in the kit, so you don't have to spend tons of time looking for coordinating pieces...of course this is true with ALL Stampin' Up! supplies because they all coordinate, and you never have a lack of matching accessories to use :-)



For this second page, I did not use a kit, but instead used the current Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper with some coordinating Pumpkin Pie 12 x 12 Textured card stock. To cut out the circles, I used Stampin' Up!'s circle scissor plus. It worked so nicely to cut out these various sized circles! I would highly recommend this cutter! The flowers are from Petal Pizzaz, and I used some Filigree Brads on the centers of a few of the flowers.


I really enjoy scrapbooking, and it's so much fun to do it with other people! If you have some pictures you'd like to scrapbook, I'd recommend starting with some of SU!'s Simply Scrappin' Kits. You don't have to make 12x12 scrapbook pages. The kits are easily adapted to make 8-1/2 x 11 pages or even 6 x 6 pages. Try one today!

1 comment:

Cori Power said...

Q. So if these kits are so "quick and easy" why did you only get 8 layouts done :)
A. Because you are your mother's daughter :)

If you wouldn't have had these kits you probably would have only gotten 1 or 2 pages done :)

Love you!