6.12.2009

Happy 25th Anniversary!

My parents celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary last week! I am so proud of them :-) Here's the card I made for them:





I'm not going to lie--this card took quite a while to make, and the instructions are really too complex to post here. If you are really interested in learning how to make a card like this, please let me know. I would be happy to forward on the instructions. I can at least explain how to stamp one image with three colors:


First, I stamped the entire image with Chocolate Chip Classic ink on my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig. I chose Chocolate Chip because it is the darkest and easiest to see. I then cleaned off the stamp with my stampin' scrub, but also I rubbed the stamp on my jeans to make sure it didn't have any residue from the scrub. Not kidding--I almost always clean my stamps that way. Otherwise the stampin' scrub usually leaves a little bit of grayish residue on my stamps.

Anyway, after I was sure my stamp was clean, I used scotch tape to cover up the "forever" and the flower. I then inked up the stamp with the Baja Breeze Classic ink. I then took off the tape so that the stamp would only stamp "together" in Baja Breeze. Using my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, I stamped the "together" on the Naturals White card stock. After I had thouroughly cleaned my stamp again (on my jeans), I covered up the "together" and the "forever" with tape and inked up the stamp with Kiwi Kiss Classic ink. After taking off the tape, I realigned the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig so that I could stamp the flower in the correct spot on the Naturals White card stock. I cleaned the stamp once more, but this time because I have a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, I used the brush tip of my marker to color in "forever." I used the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig one last time to finish off the stamp. If I had had markers in all three colors, I probably would have just used the markers for the whole stamp. But because I didn't, I used the tape masking technique instead. Ta-Da!

That's all for today!











Stamp Set: Eastern Blooms (111626), Forever (114494)*
Paper: Kraft card stock (102125), Baja Breeze (111352)*, Kiwi Kiss (111353)*, Naturals White (102316)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908), Baja Breeze (111833)*, Kiwi Kiss (111835)*, VersaMark (102283)
Cool Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Crop-a-Dile (108362),
Punches: Scallop Edge (112091)
The Little Something Extra: Flower Fusion Too (112006)*, Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Pretties Kit (109114), 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (111367)

*Last Chance Stampin' Up! Products--only available through June 30 (for accessories until supplies last)

No comments: