8.26.2008

Just Because I Care

Once again, I've been totally MIA. I had no idea how crazy the start of school would be! I don't think it's any crazier than normal, but because I'm only taking 6 hours this semester, I just assumed everything would be smooth and easy for me...but I forgot about all the craziness that comes along with the beginning of school, regardless of how many hours I'm taking this semester!

Yesterday was one of the worst most stressful and ridiculous days of my life! When I got home last night, I had a beautiful Stampin' Up! box sitting on my porch. I pulled out my new cute supplies and realized that the paper I had ordered was, in fact, what I meant to order at the time, but looking back now I see that I would have much preferred a different pack of Designer Series Paper. No worries! I'll just make a card out of what I have! Well, I designed and redesigned and reworked this card for about an hour and just couldn't get it right. I was so frustrated and upset that I just went to bed early without finishing my card. When I got home from work today (after a similar, but not quite as bad, day as yesterday), I sat down to finish the card. Here's what I settled on:



Of course, it still wasn't exactly what I'd hoped it would be, so I pulled out some retired rub-ons and added a little row of dots right above the scallops:



Still not sure this was exactly what I was looking for, but I guess it will do for now :-) I've still got a list a mile long, and only a few more hours in my day. Maybe I'll get caught up someday...maybe...

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamp Sets: Eastern Blooms, Best Yet (Level 1 hostess)
Colors: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Certainly Celery
Accessories: 1-1/4" square punch, scallop square punch (NEW!!), designer label punch, 5-8" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, 1/4" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Green Tea DSP




No comments: