9.20.2011

Danielle's Wedding

So I mentioned a few months ago that I helped design and create wedding invitations, programs, menus, favors, and place cards for my sister, Danielle.




Danielle found an invitation design online that she liked, so I took the idea and ran with it. Using the same general design, I made the programs and the menus. Our family is a bit into the "coordination" thing (i.e. my mom and dad always coordinate their outfits for church on Sunday, as do Ben, Charlotte and I...yeah.), so EVERYTHING that we did for the wedding coordinated. Not just the wedding colors, but literally everything (squares, not circles, pearls, not rhinestones, etc.). It should come as no surprise that we had to coordinate all the paper items too!

All the items used the following colors: Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, and Lucky Limeade (well, actually Stampin' Up! didn't come out with Lucky Limeade until after the wedding, but the paper we used was almost exactly the same color!). I only an invitation and program with me here in Chicago, so the pictures of the menus and favors/place cards are from the wedding itself.

INVITATION






PROGRAM






MENU





FAVORS/PLACE CARDS





For these place cards/favors, we made a tent box with Hershey's nuggets inside--a nugget for each family member sitting together. For example, had our little family been able to sit together (I was at the head table), we would have had a box with three nuggets, and the outside of the box would have said, "Mr. & Mrs. Ben Mooneyham family, Table 8." This seemed like a great idea at the time, but it ended up being a little tricky for those families that changed from five attendees to two at the last minute :) Oh well! It was a fun challenge (especially at 3:00 a.m. the morning of the wedding...). For the nuggets, we printed on address labels four different designs: an image of a bride and groom, the monogram, "David & Danielle", and the wedding date. We wrapped the labels around the nuggets and glued them inside the boxes with snail adhesive. Let me know if you have more questions about these boxes. They were incredibly easy to make, but the directions might be too much to try to post here unless someone really wants them!


All in all, the wedding was a blast, and making all these fun items was the perfect way for me to be able to help out. Since I was in Chicago (and pregnant!), I wasn't able to help with much else for the wedding. Thankfully my sister is pretty easy going about stuff like this, and I guess she just trusted my judgement! I hope she liked the finished products!

Happy Stamping!
Cari

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Danielle's Wedding is adorable. The choice of color scheme is adorable. Their invitations, decoration items and everything else has made me impressed. At one of the local NYC wedding venues we are going to be hitched in this year and just can’t wait for the day now!