8.14.2009

Wonderful



I know what you're thinking...oh boy, she's at it again with another crazy color combo! But hey! At least you're seeing something new, right? :-) I actually ended up LOVING this fun combo, although my husband didn't really like it so much. I always show him the cards that make every day. He always politely nods and says, "cute!" :-) I've trained him well! Today, he just politely nodded and smiled...never uttering the obligatory, "cute!" ...that's when I knew...he thinks I'm crazy! Well, I think he's actually known that for a while :-)

Anyway, I wanted to use a larger "W" to accentuate the greeting, but I had already used all my w's from my On Board Timeless Type, so I flipped the cardboard sheet of empty letters over and used the outline from the w for a template. I traced the letter onto my Bashful Blue card stock and cut it out with my snips. I then used Stampin' Dimensionals to make it stand out from the card. It almost looks like I used chipboard! Sneaky, sneaky!



For the circle around the sentiment, I used my circle scissor plus. And although you can't tell from the picture, I ran the circle through my Big Shot with the Small Dots Texturz Plate to emboss some small polka dots on the circle. I think it really looks nice (when you can see it!).

I hope you enjoyed this bright summery card as we're nearing the end of summer! Thanks for stopping by!









***************************************************************


Stamp Sets: Warm Words (115108—pictured below), Circle Circus (115778—pictured below)
Paper: Green Galore (101768), Pumpkin Pie (105117), Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730)
Ink: Green Galore (102122), Pumpkin Pie (105216), Bashful Blue (105209)
Cool Tools: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Big Shot (113439), Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates (114512)
The Little Something Extra: Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (109030), Stamping Sponges (101610)



1 comment:

Cori Power said...

I like the color combo! I also like the way you did the W!

FYI, for another wild color combo, Mrs. Jorgensen is painting her kindergarten room. The walls are light blue. The curtains are bright orange (with sunlight shining through making them even brighter. Her cubbies and shelves and other accessories are a bright purple. The bulletin boards are bright green! Wow - lots of color, but it looks great!