7.30.2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Well, Happy Belated Birthday...

My dad's birthday was July 11. I did send him the card a little closer to his birthday, but I'm just now getting around to posting it. Oh well...at least it's not a spoiler for him!

This is one of the first cards I have made since last summer. After I got pregnant last fall, I experienced some pretty severe morning sickness (such a misnomer!!), plus I was tired and working full time. Then my little sister got engaged so we started working on her invitations, programs, menus, etc. Hence the reasons why I have not stamped a card in almost a year! Anyway, when it's been a while since I've created something, I usually have to start by copying something almost exactly. I had just received my copy of the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog, so I started flipping through it. I found this card on page 142 and knew it would be perfect! By the way, you'll probably see at some point soon a rendition of the other card from this page as I really like it too :)



This is a pretty straight-forward card. Nothing too fancy--perfect for a "beginner" card for me! I hate making cards for boys (one of the reasons I hope I have all daughters...at least I'm starting out well!), but I thought this color combo and stamp set worked well. I won't tell you how old my dad turned this year, but let's just say that next year's card won't have so many bright colors...hehe :)

Happy Stamping!
Cari

****************************************************************



Stamp Sets: Circle Circus, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Paper & Ink: Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, River Rock, Basic Black
The Little Something Extra: Brights Buttons, Linen Thread, Curly Label Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/8" Circle Punch

No comments: