2.13.2009

Texturz Plates

...I LOVE THEM! I got my new Stampin' Up! Texturz Plates a few days ago, and I cannot stop playing with them! I love creating these fun backgrounds that have dimension, PLUS they are so easy to use! The Texturz Plates work with the Big Shot to dry emboss patters onto your paper. There are a thousand different things you can do with embossed paper (see page 202-203 in the new catalog for ideas).

I went with the most common use for these Texturz Plates and made a textured background for my card. For the first card I made with my new Texturz Plates, I used this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.



Here's the card I made:



I just wanted something simple to get me back in the swing of stamping (since I've taken a few weeks off). Since the Best Wishes & More stamp set is one of my new favorites, I decided to pull it off the shelf and get to work! This card came easily, and it was nice to make just a quick simple card. This Texturz plate worked great as it added a little something to my card. Here is a close up picture of the background:



This is the "Weave" plate from the Texture Plates Kit #4 (p. 203). Amazingly, these Texturz Plates come in sets of 3 double-sided plates (so 6 different textures) for only $9.95!! What a steal! If you've been thinking about the Big Shot and whether it would be a beneficial tool to add to your stamping supplies, I have to say that with the addition of these Texturz Plates, this tool is a must-have! Click "Shop Now" in the right-hand side bar to order yours today!

Stamp Set: Best Wishes & More
Colors: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Texture Plates Kit #4, Flower Fusion Too felt flowers, and silver brads

Happy Stamping!



No comments: